Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Creativity Confidence Booster

One of my not-so-secret desires is I admire art journals and wish I could create one of my own. I'm an avid journal writer but I haven't developed a knack for the intensely creative art journal. Back when I first started blogging in 2007, I naively joined an art journal group and even had the opportunity to participate in a journal page exchange for a Holiday Cookbook.

I had NO idea what I was doing. I sent ONE page when I was supposed to send 20 original pages--one for each participant. I sweated it out and sent the remaining pages (after having a massive and I mean massive meltdown!! I felt so stupid!). The book I received in return was amazing! For the last two holiday seasons, it has held a place on honor on my kitchen counter.
Last week I was at my weekly date at Borders, browsing a couple of art journaling books. Imagine my surprise--and delight--to see that the Holiday Cookbook (coordinated by Gina Armfield) featured in a new book on Collaborative Art Journaling.

The discovery came at a good time.


I took a creative risk. And received the gift of boosted confidence in return. I'll need it as I prepare to leave next week for SAW.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I can't wait until you get back to hear how it went. I know you're going to have a blast and your creative side is going to come out. Woohoo!!

    I scrapbook with my daughter. We haven't done a journal yet, however I did do a cookbook for a friend. I hadn't even thought of a journal. You gave me an great idea now. I'm going to see what I can come up with.

    Have a wonderful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    That is SUPER!!!! I have not seen L.K.'s new book. My mother-in-law was also published in this particular book too... her name is Marylin Huskamp.

    YOU ARE an Art Journaler!

    See You Soon

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that?! You must've felt as if you were floating through Borders at that point!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!