Friday, May 8, 2009

Pantry Pondering

No, this isn't my pantry. It's a photo from Country Living. I have featured photos of my pantry before but not today. This is an update of my procrastination project for The Inspired Room.

Have you ever envisioned something and thought about it forever and then when you finally decide to complete the vision, have it disappoint? That's what happened in my pantry. The bags for potatoes and onions just aren't going to work in the space as I had imagined. I have to come up with a new plan.

Aside from the frustration about my failed project, I am also wondering who cares if potatoes and onions are decoratively stored? Last night as I complained to my DH, he simply asked "isn't the pantry to store food? You take out food and you put it back." He's right of course. So why does it matter?

Am I being a perfectionist because I don't want to look at plastic bags and torn paper when I enter the pantry? I imagine my pantry to be a place of organization and yes, I want it to be pretty too. This weekend I'm going to look for some baskets to put on the shelf instead. Because in a world full of "real" problems, this isn't one of them.

5 comments:

  1. I love the way that photo looks. I am sure your pantry is a decorators dream compared to mine. I love to organize though and make things look pretty. Have a lovely weekend.

    Karen

    P.S. thanks for mentioning my mosaics on Vee's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about wire baskets installed underneath the bottom shelf? That is organized and it keeps them up off the floor. Maybe you could even find some that were drawer like so they pulled out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think that a pretty pantry is one of life's little pleasures. It's not a big problem, but it's one of those things that, once completed, will make you grin every time you use the pantry and that's going to be a lot. It's a "nourish the spirit" thing. Can't wait to see your pantry and I'm hoping that it will inspire me. I'm quite sick of plastic bags and ripped paper myself.

    (Yes, and thank you for reminding me of Karen's collages!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pantry in the photo. Wish I had one like that.

    I'm with you though, I don't like to see plastic bags, etc when I open my pantry or cupboard doors. I want it organized.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!