Sunday, June 7, 2009

Monday Mosaic~Squam Art Workshop

The art retreat was everything I hoped it would be. I'm tired but renewed by the time spent listening to the "sacred sound of the loon", knitting, laughing, walking in the woods, learning new skills, making friends, eating good food. The list goes on and on. For now, some images for Mosaic Monday at Little Red House. I used Corel Snapfire for my mosaic. The basic version came with my computer. Thank you, Mary. I love Mosaic Monday!

20 comments:

  1. I really enjoy art workshops & having my spirit renewed. You really captured that feeling with your lovely mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mosaic is wonderful! I want to go on the same retreat you attended if it means seeing these beautiful images. Thank you for sharing your photography, I love the composition of your mosaic, and Happy Mosaic Monday! ~Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mosaic! The retreat sounds like heaven! I can picture myself in that rocker with my morning coffee, a mist on the lake, listening to the loons! Ahhh! Thanks! Happy MM!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like such a wonderful experience! And I would love to be sitting right there in that rocker. Thanks so much for joining the fun, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this mosaic simply enchanting. What a wonderful idea for a retreat. I wonder if they have them for photography? Because I need to go to one of them.

    Bless you. (Your word verification is achoo!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great opportunity. Your mosaic is beautiful and gives us a peek into your beautiful art retreat.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a professional advertisement for your retreat...its gorgeous and your photography skills are worthy of "applause"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How serene - absolutely lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've so been waiting to hear that. I'm doing a happy dance here, knowing that you've been rejuvenated. I can't wait to hear more about it.

    Beautiful, stunning mosaic. It speaks PEACE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To my room mate and most of all, my FRIEND! You were one of the biggest and brightest sparkling moments all wrapped up in the magic of Squam.

    I rediscovered your postcard at the airport in Manchester. It made me cry, and laugh, smile and think of our happy memories.

    THANK YOU... THANK YOU for coming a Wee Way, being the COOL and FABULOUS Knit Wiz, giggling in bed when we were talking about Pauley, Jumping in and being FEARLESS to Paint, Sharing the Sacred Sounds of the Loom, and JUST HANGIN' Out with me and the Bats... OH and don't forget the.. MOUSE!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures would seem to do the workshop justice. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous shots - that pier should be framed and hung on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely!!! Wonderful photos!!!

    Enjoy the day!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It reminds me of a relaxing girl type weekend. I want to walk into your mosaic.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a refreshing mosaic.It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautifully composed mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know you had a lot of 'classes' but I think I would have plantd myself in that rocker on the deck, or maybe the porch. A cup of tea, and a comfy blanket would have been enough to inspire me at this point. :)
    I am glad you enjoyed your time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another cabin-mate checking in. Seeing "my" rocker at the end of the dock brings back total sensory memory of you journaling on the porch with your tea, me on the dock with my coffee, mist rising, all's quiet, too cool for the mosquitoes! Loved time with you, Tracie, Laurie and Sarah. til 2010 in Shingle Blessedness, Peg

    ReplyDelete
  19. I clicked on the mosaic and looked real close :) Can't wait to hear more about the retreat???

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh, I wish I could hear the sacred sound of the loon and I almost can...almost.

    So glad that you had an inspired time and look forward to hearing more about it. Your mosaics have been marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!