Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pilgrimage


I'm leaving today for Squam Art Workshop (SAW). For me it is a sort of pilgrimage as much as it is a retreat. Living creatively is a deeply spiritual thing to me. Using my hands and my mind glorify the One who gave me talents to use. A chance to leave what is comfortable to me and to journey to a place of discovery is a blessing. I'm a bit scared. But so, so excited too. Who wouldn't want to go to a beautiful place and create art? I could bring my laptop but I'm not going to. I want to be open to hear any whispers of direction on my path.

2 comments:

  1. Friend, I know you are going to do wonderful things, learn so much and come back refreshed and using all the talent and creativity our Lord has given you. I can't wait to hear from you when you get back. I'll be lifting you up in prayer this weekend. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to be open to hear any whispers of direction on my path"

    I love that. Can't wait to hear what He says.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!