Friday, August 21, 2009

Dear Ruth E.

Dear Ruth E,

I read on your Mom's blog about Cocoa and Reeses and your worst day ever. I'm so sorry to hear what happened.

When I was a little girl, my sisters and I had a rabbit. Grampa Joe made the bunny a cage out in the yard on Shore Road. One day he mowed the lawn and the grass looked so lush and delicious we thought Bunny needed a snack so we fed the fresh cut grass to her. The rabbit got sick and died.

We were heartbroken because all we wanted was to give Bunny a snack and the fresh grass killed her. It was an accident and Ruth, accidents happen.

I know you have many special memories of your pets. They were so cute and brought you a lot of happiness. I know it's a hard lesson to learn when we do something we think is okay that brings us so much sadness.

I am thinking of you today and praying for you too that you remember your happy times with Cocoa and Reeses. Praying too that each day you will feel a little better and the pain of their loss will be less. I love you very much.

Love, Aunt Kathy

P.S. I think Smudge will be very happy to meet you when you visit my house next!

3 comments:

  1. Kat,
    I LOVE you!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I am sorry about this loss and know all to well how keenly it is felt. (I fed my rabbits rhubarb tops. Needless to say...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!