Monday, August 31, 2009

September Arrives

Melissa at the Inspired Room is hosting Fall Nesting Week this week. I haven't started nesting for fall though we shut the windows at night so the furnace won't kick on! I took this photo last September. I'm looking forward to the simple comforts of autumn--apples and wood fires and sweaters. I made some muffins yesterday. It felt good to heat up the oven again!
Christie and I are starting an online class together tomorrow--Learn Something New Everyday at Shimelle.com. I'm looking forward to getting back to a creative pursuit. I'm not sure where August went. I'm going to use this old snapshot album for the journal I'll be creating. There's something about the first of September that makes me feel like it's a fresh start to the year.


4 comments:

  1. I made cinnamon raisin streusel muffins today! Just had one, as a matter of fact. Baking season is good. Your class sounds awesome - ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to start by saying your talk of woodfires and sweaters makes me triple homesick and almost brought tears to my eyes, but I'm going to skip that.

    Or not. Haha.

    And I LOVE the pieces you've got going so far for the project- I can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to fall as well, time to slow down and do some quilting and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of baking going on with all this fall-like weather. We've been running the furnace for Nan who is "freezing." Lest I forget, I love the colors in here and your beautiful header!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!