
Yesterday after work, my husband stopped by to help an elderly lady visiting next door to my in-laws. She told my husband she grew up in town and reminisced about Mike's family from 70 or 80 years ago. During the course of the conversation, she showed him this doll quilt and asked Mike if he had little girls at home. Not anymore, he said.
The lady told Mike that his own great-grandmother, Marion Betts, made the little quilt for her. Grammie Betts babysat the lady all of those years ago and stitched the quilt for her to play with her dolls. Mike shared with the woman that I am a lover of old things and she gifted the quilt to me.
What a sweet gift. I will treasure it.
What a beautiful treasure especially knowing who made it. It's just so cute.
ReplyDeleteI'll say! It's heartwarming to think of that little quilt finding its way home to your heart. I know that you will indeed treasure it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious gift with a wonderful story. It deserves a place of honor.
ReplyDelete