Saturday, January 2, 2010

Delicious

There was a time New Year's Eve was sad and scary for me. I hated the idea of the "end" of something. Today I see the value of a fresh start; a new day. This is especially true this year. 2009 was stressful. I saw the company I work for downsize to less than 1/3 its original size. I had to watch long time co-workers lose their jobs and wonder if I would lose mine. Workplace stress threatened to overtake me again and again. Thank goodness for my house and my family. I chose wisely when I used the word "sanctuary" as my word of the year last year.

This year, I've decided on something completely different. My word for 2010 is DELICIOUS. Recently I told my daughter in an e-mail, what I desire is a simple, tasty life; a quality life. I prefer homemade, thought out, simple meals. Same with my life. I have a desire to craft something I can savor and share with others. It's the difference between a store bought cookie and one that just came out of the oven.

Delicious
delightful
heavenly
pleasing
agreeable
satisfying
pleasant
exquisite
rare

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the (wo)man who takes refuge in Him"
Psalm 34:8

8 comments:

  1. As always, thoughtful and inspiring words from you today, Kathy. "Delicious". A perfect word for a year filled with yummy joy and contentment!
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is "Right on"...

    Simple was where I started my thought for a word, isn't it funny how it can also be used in 'delicious'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,
    Wonderful words to meditate on, to embrace all the blessings that the Lord has given us. My tree this year held many ornaments, but the one that looked all lit up was the doll that you made for me last year. Every time I passed by that tree, I was amazed how the light shone on her the most. Perhaps it was a sign of God's favor shining on you this year.

    I am sorry about your company, this last year was challenging for us and for so many of our friends. Yet with each domino that fell around me, I noticed that what was important in life seemed to be more outstanding. Making me take note on what is important in life.

    The other night I craved making art with my hands, and spent the evening making home-made cards. We are so blessed to have this gift and desire to create.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love it. A "simple, tasty life; a quality life." I'm with you there! And I still think your cookie saying fits perfectly. I can't wait to live deliciously with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's my kind of word! I keep seeing bloggers discuss their word of the year. It's a concept beyond me for I can't even imagine what my year for 2009 would have been. It was certainly difficult. (I'm sorry that your company has been in trouble, but may it come back as strong as ever. Either way, God's still in control.) And what 2010 will bring...sometimes I shudder. And, yet, God is still my provider of all things.

    Great to see a post today, my friend. Wish that I could sit down at your table and eat one of those wonderful cookies...gosh, will this storm never end?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds good to me. Chocolate chippers are my favorites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, great scripture. I will keep that in mind myself as I travel through this new year with Him.

    May this year be one of reversal and prosperity for you company and our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy,
    love the new banner :) thanks for using "me." Delicious - good for so many creative pursuits! Best for 2010, Peg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!