"I began to focus on what I wanted instead of what I didn't want. Instead of going over old stories and disappointments, I began to imagine what life could be like if all things were working together for the highest good. I challenged myself to explore other options and feed my soul with life-affirming activities and ideas. I put my energy into creating good and saw the good multiply and the bad diminish."
Candy Paull
The Art of Simplicity
This year, the girls and I are exchanging what I am calling "Journal cards" because they are bigger than ATC's and will probably include some writing. Twice a month for the next year, my daughters and I will send each other little pieces of art. I'm excited about the idea and the process. I received my first cards from them for Christmas. Their first cards are almost done. It's a small way to stay in touch and expand creatively.
Good quote! I can't wait to get my first card through snail mail! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely idea...you're all going to be creating delicious keepsakes and the love...oh the love... May all three of you enjoy the process and the giving and receiving.
ReplyDeleteI love that quote.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to be creative. I love it. Hugs
What a wonderful idea to help keep in touch throughout the year, Kathy! What kinds of things are you doing on the cards for each other? Even though my daughter lives near me it would be a great thing for us to do. She's
ReplyDelete"trapped" at home with little ones and her husband works long, late hours. Though she loves being a mom, I remember how long some winter days can be you rarely have an adult conversation! I think your idea would be good for her.
Have a beautiful weekend, Kathy
xoxo...Kathy