Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heading West


Back in early May, Christie and I accompanied Karen on a cross-country road trip to her summer job in Creede, Colorado. Karen is a set carpenter and spent the last two months in the scene shop for Creede Repertory Theatre.

Creede is a very small old mining town in Mineral County. In fact, the only town and the county seat. The citizens rely on tourism for their livelihood and we had a great visit. While we were there, folks extolled the benefits of returning in the summer and everyone I interacted with asked me to come back.

Karen and I both smiled. I said I thought my husband would really enjoy a visit. In our minds we thought "yeah, right." But Dad surprised us both and now I get to go west for the second time this year. The trip may be a little easier--by plane instead of car. It makes this mother's heart happy to spend Karen's birthday with her.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I'm glad that your hubby decided that it was a trip he wanted to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are really back on the horse here in blogland. Enjoy your daughter's birthday with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!