Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vintage Glue Book ATC Swap

I recently took a class with Mary Green called Vintage Glue Book (see the link on my sidebar). I've been an admirer of Mary's work for some time. She has a great blog and is so generous with sharing images for collage and other paper projects.



I thought the Glue Book class would be easy. After all, I thought, how hard is it to cut and paste? Well, let me tell you. Much more difficult than I imagined. I still haven't completed all of the lessons. But I was amazed and inspired by my classmates.



So, it was a privilege to take part in Mary's ATC swap. ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. They are little works of art to trade and share--and NEVER sell. I received my small collection of cards over the weekend. I learned so much as I looked at the contributions in my packet. I don't have a photo of the cards I made (what was I thinking!!) but put the ATC's I received on the window above my sink.



Seeing the cards reminded me of another project I need to work on--journal cards for my daughters. We started to exchange cards at Christmas last year. And we are all a bit behind in sending them as often as we promised each other.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just received an invitation to these classes...did you send it? I really enjoyed seeing Mary's work and would love to try taking a class someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful project. So glad you were able to take it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!