I see “snow day” a lot lately while blog surfing. Seems as though winter is going to grip us all for a while yet. Doesn’t matter if you live in Washington State or here in the northeast. Winter isn’t over. Yet. Too bad we can’t get sunny days off. I’d love to call in later in the spring and hear the auto attendant say “due to perfect weather, this office is closed for the day”. Ah….I took today to finally deal with two huge piles of textiles I had in the bedroom. Bedding and tabletop. I sorted and pressed and organized. Everything in its place. That’s an aspiration for this year of action.
When lunch was over, I came to the studio to continue my quest for order. I had three bulletin boards filled with ephemera. I took pictures of them all and then removed the stuff. Two boards are on their way out. The third has been re-hung, empty and ready for some new vision.
I’ve been steadily sorting and tossing. I’d love to get rid of some things, simply by giving them away to folks who would love to own what I no longer need. I’m making a trip to Goodwill soon. I’m having a yard sale in May. And if I know you would love something I am ready to part with, it will be yours for the taking.
I've been working evenings in my sewing room doing this very thing. I also have a car trunk full of things to take to Goodwill. This will probably go on for some time. My entire home looks like my mother's or my grandmother's. Not so bad really and it's been comforting. Still...
ReplyDeleteThat scene at the window is so nice. A little dreamy ironing is kind of soothing don't you find?
I've done a lot of sorting and passing on things too. We are in the process of selling our home and moving so it's a great time to give. Love the scene out your window too. Hugs
ReplyDelete