I worked a bit in the studio this weekend. I’m enjoying Leslie’s 31 Day Challenge. Over the weekend, I sorted through a few boxes of paper. I’ve said it before….I don’t need all this stuff. I’ve thought a lot about personal style. I think we can want to do something like someone else does but God says something different to us—and through us. What comes out of my creativity is going to look different than what someone else does. So, as I sorted through the paper, I thought about what I will actually use and what things I can release—for someone else to enjoy. There is freedom in letting go.
Kathy, you are soooo right! There is so much freedom in letting go. In April I am going to begin to let go in each room of my home. So ready to simplify. I am tired of the stuff!!:)
ReplyDeleteSo happy you love the 31 Day Challenge!!!
Oh boy. I so want to heed this lesson. I can't do it all and I can't be like other crafters and I don't want all the stuff. I'm still knee-deep in the sewing room. I like sewing better than the paper art because I don't like to get my hands messy. *Gasp* Look what I just learned here!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out the 31 Day Challenge.
So very right!! I've pretty much done simplifying and it has totally changed me. The stuff is gone and now I'm enjoying what I do have. Even my sewing room is simplified. Hugs
ReplyDeletelovely thought/lesson and lovely piece. i need to take your advice..soon! i have soo much stuff that it paralyzes me from doing anything..silly, huh? every time i see a new craft..i gotta try it..the madness has got to stop! LOL
ReplyDeleteseriously, i am trying to find my niche..wish me luck!
I think that's a wonderful place to have gotten to in your creative journey.
ReplyDelete