Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February Flowers

february 2012 001

I started my Paper White bulbs after Christmas.  It’s been nice to have something green and growing in the house.  Last weekend I cut them from the bulbs.  Once the flowers bloom, they get top heavy.  I loved how pretty the cut blooms looked in the winter sunshine.

 

february 2012 010

Mike and I went grocery shopping on Saturday night.  Mike browsed the flower aisle but I told him I really didn’t need Valentine roses this year.  He insisted.  While I was attracted to the mixed bouquet, Mike had his eye on traditional red roses.  How could I resist?  Rather than put them all in one vase, I broke the dozen up.  It has been nice to wake up to such a lovely token of my dear husband’s affection.

2 comments:

  1. Delicate Paper Whites and elegant, rich red roses. Terrific photography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the roses. So good to see you again. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!