How was your weekend? Mine was full of good things. Saturday morning we woke up to a surprise coating of snow on the ground. The sky was clear blue and the world was a blanket of clean white. Because we have had such a mild winter, I didn’t mind the surprise. In fact, it almost felt welcome. Almost.
Friday night I spent the evening, as I usually do, with my mom and my sister Beth. Her birthday was this weekend. Friday night we had dinner at Mom’s. Shepherd’s Pie is Beth’s favorite. We come from a working class family. We also enjoyed looking at some of Mom’s vast collection of family photos. There was a time I thought sweat pants were clothes to wear in public. Glad those days are gone.
Saturday morning I went to a Winter Farmer’s Market to see my Dad and stepmother, Alice. They do little craft fairs to supplement their retirement income. And to get tasty lunches all over Central Vermont. Yesterday the organizers had a chili cook-off. I played along, had a great lunch, and helped the Moose Chili get elevated to Champion Chili.
From there I went to see my in-laws. It’s always good to catch up. The reward? The smell of homemade bread when I walked in and a loaf to bring home when I left.
Mike has been working for a really nice couple for the last two weeks. They were so pleased with his work that they gave him a little cash bonus. Mike took me out to dinner with it.
Today some of the family got together to have “sauce”. My mother makes spaghetti sauce that we all love. It’s been more than a year since she made it. Her health hasn’t been that great so she hasn’t felt up to it. She’s feeling much better these days, thank God!
My sister has two grandchildren who came to visit today. I spent part of my day yesterday soaking and scrubbing toys for them to play with. A “magic eraser” brought back the beauty of some old friends. Yes, it was a weekend full of good things; time with family, special meals, and remembering lots of little hands that have held the pretty ponies.
Sounds as if the weekend was a very good one filled with family times. I love the idea of hanging out together making a great spaghetti sauce. Hmmmm...the go-to meal for company when I was growing up.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing all the cheerful ponies...quite a collection!
Your hubby was a sweetheart to take you out to eat with his bonus. What a nice idea for anyone pleased with the carpenter's work.