Part of making the studio back into the sewing stadium it was when we first moved in to our new house meant I really needed to go through many of my old magazines. I’ve tried to give up buying them. I really have.
There is something about the promise of inspiration and pretty pictures I can’t resist. So, I regularly troll the magazine aisle at the grocery store and get all excited when I can find time to go to the bookstore. I’m not sure I’m one of those girls who can get her magazines on a Kindle. I like the feel of the paper and I love cutting up old issues.
The current stack of magazines sits beside my spot in the livingroom. They make great escape on nights Mike watches hours of golf channel. I’ve started giving whole magazines away to those who share my love of a good periodical. Recently, when I was on the verge of abstaining from purchases, my good friend S. gave me the most recent issue of “Somerset Life”. Oh boy. My favorite! And so it goes. Magazine sharing is fun!
The recycle box has been heavy the last few weeks. The piles of clippings promise future inspiration for house and art projects. One of these days, I might give up buying new magazines. But I doubt it.
A gift of "Somerset Life" is a very good one indeed. Those things are pricey. I adore a good magazine, too. Though I've decided to let my subscriptions go. Too many magazines have changed and not for the better for me so I'm done. You read on, though!
ReplyDelete(Can I say that I am so happy to see two posts in a row?)
I have that same clipping of the decorated eggs in my collage box!
ReplyDeleteYou inherited your addiction from your mother! LOL!!
ReplyDelete