Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Decor-a-TEA

A beautifully painted tray by Susan Miller, a Vermont Handcrafter. It sits on my kitchen counter and holds "stuff" and I love it.

British Country Homes and Interiors

I love British country decorating. I am addicted to the UK version of Country Living. I read Country Homes and Interiors. I love Period Living. I'm fascinated with the idyllic lifestyle of the English countryside. And, I love that tea is part of that lifestyle. I'm not an Anglophile and I don't pretend to know everything. Or anything! But I love the images of tea cupboards and the casual, comfortable lifestyle put forth in the publications I read.

My hutch is a work in progress. My husband built it for me in the first year of our marriage. We almost didn't bring it to our new house. The finish is nothing like what either of us would choose today but it is such a special piece of furniture. I guess I don't feel very clever about my "tea decorating". Like Vee talked about a few weeks ago, I'm struggling with what to do at the top. I've been working on that and will post the "before" and "after" very soon.
Now I'm going to visit Gracious Hospitality and thank LaTeaDah again for such a fun blog-a-thon!


10 comments:

  1. Your post is so neat! I love the variety in decorating styles we're getting on this blog-a-thon theme, don't you? Your hutch is beautiful and the way you have so creatively arranged your collections is so attractive! How wonderful that your husband built it for you in young love!
    Thank you for sharing! This blog-a-thon is so much fun!
    Have a delightful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love before and afters...I'll be watching!

    That tea tray is super! It's wonderful to have things from local artisans and who could be more local than your dh? LOL! What a wonderful job he did on your hutch. Love it!

    Would you believe that I have a little surprise for you today? True. I always tell bloggers that the choice is all yours. I'm never offended if this doesn't fit into your blogging plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tray is great. I would love something like that. And I would never part with that hutch. To have a piece your husband made is so precious. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love how you have everything displayed in the case and the tray is great. How fun this tea bloggy thing is to go around and see everyone's lovely tea things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so beautiful, your husbands hutch is incredible. I love the tea tray, I would have it out all the time as well. Thank you for sharing!

    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your review of your home's tea decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful post I am enjoying visits to everyones homes Now if we could really get together and have tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style is so warm and wonderful! That second photo looks so inviting with the apron hanging on the cupboard door and such a pretty display!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Love the beautiful things you shared!

    Happy Spring and Happy Tea!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tea things and your beautiful hutch AND the name of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!