As I looked around the shop, a bolt of fabric caught my eye and I immediately thought of the suggestion my dear sister gave me following the announcement of my 100th post giveaway. I asked to have the fabric cut and held it up to show my mother. "What do you think I'm going to do with this?" I asked her. She said she didn't know. I said, "I'm going to make a doll." She responded "What?!" So I repeated myself. She didn't believe me! Mom, here's the doll:
Monday, May 19, 2008
On Saturday as Mom and I made our rounds, we stopped at the local quilt shop so she could look for some fabric for a project she is working on. I browsed, as usual. I love fabric shops! I have quite a collection of cloth just waiting for me to create something.
As I looked around the shop, a bolt of fabric caught my eye and I immediately thought of the suggestion my dear sister gave me following the announcement of my 100th post giveaway. I asked to have the fabric cut and held it up to show my mother. "What do you think I'm going to do with this?" I asked her. She said she didn't know. I said, "I'm going to make a doll." She responded "What?!" So I repeated myself. She didn't believe me! Mom, here's the doll:
This little tea girl is the first doll I have made in about 2 years and one of only a handful I have made since I "retired" from professional dollmaking in 2000.
Little Tea Girl is going to go to the winner of my 100th post giveaway along with some other goodies. I hope she is loved. I loved making her.
As I looked around the shop, a bolt of fabric caught my eye and I immediately thought of the suggestion my dear sister gave me following the announcement of my 100th post giveaway. I asked to have the fabric cut and held it up to show my mother. "What do you think I'm going to do with this?" I asked her. She said she didn't know. I said, "I'm going to make a doll." She responded "What?!" So I repeated myself. She didn't believe me! Mom, here's the doll:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh she's darling! Very cool fabric, too. This professional doll making is very intriguing. I'll have to do a search to see if you've talked about it at any length before.
ReplyDeleteHope that your weather is warmer than ours!
She is Beautiful, Kat. I know what an awesome thing her creation was for you. I am so very proud of you and your accomplishments.
ReplyDeleteI love you, Mom
She is absolutley beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you found the fabric to inspire you.
I love your dolls, always have, always will.
You are a blessing among us.
I love you,
Cindy P :)