Saturday, May 31, 2008

Playing Catch Up

What a treat it was for me earlier last week to send my 100th post giveaway to Lisa at Stop and Smell the Chocolate. There is a terrific little shop nearby that carries Vermont food products. It was fun to go there and choose a couple of things to add to the goodies that I sent.
Now it time to think about wedding projects. The big day is just more than two months away and there is alot to do. Today my mom came over and we got started on the napkins that will be used by the approximately 175 guests.
First, cutting and stamping tags in the pool paper that Christie used for the wedding invitations that she made.
My Nana looks on. She was in charge of the flatware. This is a colorful, less expensive alternative to stainless. Nana is visiting me for a couple of weeks. That's another story.
Fortuanately for me, I work for a company that sells table linens in the Hospitality industry. Mom rolled the flatware and a "wet nap" into each napkin. We are having a tent reception with a BBQ themed menu.

My little bride was 500 miles away as we toiled. She is at home in Virginia. Today while we rolled napkins, she went to a well known retailer to register for wedding gifts. We sent her photos of our work for her approval. She called to say that she L-O-V-E-D the results.

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is a lovely idea, you must be having so much fun. I love weddings, especially when I get to take part in the planning. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job of the napkins...and how convenient to work for a linen company! Enjoy the wedding preparations...such a fun time.

    Thanks for your visit and you enjoy next week's journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, too! Your Nan was such a help. It's always more fun to have company for these tasks.

    The wedding sounds like it will be great fun...a tent reception with a BBQ. Gee, kids know how to do it right these days. Used to be that a wedding reception was in the chuch basement. ;>

    I know that Lisa is going to love her gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at them again, all in a pile, I still L-O-V-E them and I can't wait to see them on the tables! Thanks for taking the "process pics"- I'll post them to weddingbycolor today. Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those napkins look wonderful - what a great idea.

    Thanks again for all my tea goodies - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, ladies! That color is so pretty and the napkins look awesome. Ya'll are really on the ball to start so early. The bride to be is blessed to have such talented help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!