First, the empty nest. This morning my youngest daughter left for her new home and adventure in Philadelphia. For this small town mom, I find it to be a bit scary. I know she will be fine. She is bright and funny and determined. For the first time in 18 years, I don't have anyone to send to school and no children to call my house their "permanent residence". I do have a really cute husband though. I'm sure we will enjoy this next stage of our lives together just fine!Thankfully Melissa at The Inspired Room is planning a big Fall Nesting Week next week. After this weekend away, I plan to spend some time preparing for autumn. Fall is fast approaching here in Central Vermont. You can see it peaking through the trees and whispering in the cool breezes. I can't wait to "nest" in a whole new way!
Yes, you and your cute hubby are going to have the time of your lives! This is the reward for doing a good job parenting...having time again for each other. (My best to your Philadelphia gal!)
ReplyDeleteMelissa was just telling me about this event at The Inspired Room. I must get there to check it out since next Wednesday will be my first day back at my own home full time. Can't wait! (Besides, I've already done a little shopping at The Christmas Tree Shop.)
Have a wonderful weekend, Kathy!
My oldest son graduates from H.S. this year and there are 4 behind him! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when everyone finally leaves home...We have had "babies" in the house almost since the beginning of our marriage! (Joey was born 10 days before our first anniversary). While I am looking forward to having that fella I married to myself, I think I'm gonna mess those kids of mine. I really like them a lot!
ReplyDeleteA new chapter in your lives! This is an exciting time!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by with such a warm welcome!
Manuela
Thank you for all your prayers and blessings!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Labor Day,
kari & kijsa