Monday, August 4, 2008

Wedding Countdown

I'm trying to put up a photo with no success!! My little bride has arrived. So has her sister. Karen is going to "stand up" with Christie on Saturday and we've adopted the British term of "chief bridesmaid" instead of "maid of honor". It suits Karen better!

Things seem calm right now, though my house is loaded with piles of suitcases and tote bags and boxes of wedding supplies. Tomorrow is a much needed day off. I'm spending the morning with my dear friend Jane who has promised me breakfast on her deck. I can't wait!

I'm praying the weather holds. We've had an awful lot of rain here in Central Vermont this summer. My husband says not to worry about something I can't control but it's mighty difficult not to be concerned about the comfort of 175 guest. Not to mention the bride's hair!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like the mother of the bride does need a day off! I will pray along with you for perfect weather for a perfect day! It will be wonderful though, rain or shine!
    Enjoy every moment!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a perfect day...this rain has to stop sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day off! Sounds wonderful! Good for you.

    We are buried in cupcakes, frosting, shoes, candy bags, dresses and other assorted wedding things ready for their journey to the coast!

    I pray the weather is fabulous for your daughter's special day. We too are hoping for the best.

    :-) The countdown has begun! Enjoy the next few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the cupcakes are PRACTICE ONES. The real ones won't be made until right before the big day. We needed a trial run!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!