Friday, November 7, 2008

Making Babies

For almost 15 years, while raising my daughters, I was a doll-maker. I haven't made many dolls in the last several years. I went to work at a "big girl job" and took a very long time off from sewing.
A couple of weeks ago, there was a plea at church for some handcrafted items for the upcoming Christmas sale. I immediately offered to make a few "babies".

Back in the day, I made Santas and snowmen, angels and animals. And funny little girls with pigtails. The happy faces remind me of a special time gone by when I spent my days at home with my children and sewed all day long. I hope someone is blessed this weekend in their purchase of my latest creations.


6 comments:

  1. Cheerful bright faces to greet a person first thing in the morning. These little girl dollies are simply delightful. Hope that the Christmas sale is a great success. I know that I'm going to be visiting all the Christmas sales because a simpler Christmas is definitely in the cards this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've still got it Mom, they look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you make some and have them on your post for The Christmas Fair. They are adorable. I love making things, especially at Christmas.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, Sorry I mispelled your name on the e-mail. This flu or virus really is making me disoriented. My daughter just pulled up in the driveway and I thought who is that? OMG, I hope this is a just a virus!!! I thought I would leave a comment too to make sure that you know that you won my giveaway!!! Yay!

    Stop by and read your post when you get a chance. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling babies, Kathy! I love those sweet little girls with the pigtails. Gosh, EVERYBODY is so creative - except me these days!! I am appropriately shamed!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those little dolls, you are just amazing with a needle and thread. . .
    Oh thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving such encouraging words. . .I loved my visit here and will certainly pop by to see much more of your Christmas cheery looks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!