
Over the weekend, I went to visit my sister and nieces to do some "treasure hunting" at the annual town wide yard sale near their house. We had a great time! The black tin? $1. The cheese dome? 50 cents. I think I will "cheat" and use it like a cloche. The Vintage Vavoom book is brand new. I paid $1! It's a favorite decorating book of mine. This copy is for my daughter.

The town common was filled with folks selling their stuff. The vintage tiebacks cost a dollar. The bunch of vintage greeting cards. Also a $1. From the town common we travelled around to yard sales at people's homes.

I'm not generally a blue girl but I saw these on the 50 cent tarp and couldn't resist! Total spent on Saturday on yard sale treasures? About $20. The time with Beth, Sam, and Jenn? Well..you know the saying!

I'm still working on the pantry. The deadline is Thursday. I think I have my dilemma resolved with a $2 purchase from Saturday. Another procrastination project this spring has been to iron my collection of aprons and find a suitable place to display them. I found the red wire basket in Virginia.
The basement project is coming along as well. I have a big collection of books to take to the local library this week. Memorial Day weekend the library has a plant and book sale. Hopefully as I declutter, it will bless others. (and help me find space for some new treasures.)
Even I have been thinking about your curtain...have you considered doing one like a ruffled apron? I thought of that when I saw your stack of fabrics since it uses four or five different ones. Lavender Dreamer has one on her blog and I've seen them other places, too.
ReplyDeleteWow oh wow! I want to go flea marketing with you! What a lot of treasures you found for next to nothing. Way to go!
Oops, strike everything in my first paragraph. I didn't see that you had resolved your dilemma. Always a good thing. Speaking of dilemmas...our Thursday project has been a regular nightmare.
ReplyDeleteGreat finds. I really like the red basket. What a novel idea. I might see if I can find something like that too for my sewing room.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, these look so wonderful. Vintage Vavoom is a gorgeous book. Blue and white china cups, my favorite. Looks like you found some wonderful things.
ReplyDeleteKaren
You found such wonderful things! $1 for that book - that's amazing! The blue willow cups are fantastic too!
ReplyDeletemanuela