
I read recently that blogging is a conversation and if you don't post, it's like you stopped in the middle and you leave your friends dangling....wondering where you are.....so here's what I've been caught up in lately.

I took a class on
Big Picture Scrapbooking called Reclaiming My Time. I didn't find time to finish the journal but it was thought provoking. I love journaling. I think I have at least three journals on my desk right now (my desk is actually my dining room table). All of them are a work in progress. I write daily in a composition journal. Last year I filled four of them and wonder what I should do with the years and years worth of writing. I'm not sure they will be of historic value when I die. I wonder if I can appoint someone to destroy the books when the time comes. Based on my current output, it's going to be quite a collection!

I've been knitting on a red scarf as a result of my introduction to
Craft Hope. Last fall I made and sent a quilt. I've been working on an art journal devotional book and the journal cards for the girls. I rearranged the open shelves in my kitchen. I've been playing with Smudge the kitten and praying faithfully for baby Kiya (she is growing stronger each day but she's not out of woods yet). There are some other health concerns in my family right now so I've been praying about them too.
The rides to work have been beautiful and awe inspiring. While I'm thankful for my job, I'm often stressed by the pressures there.
I don't seem to get the time to blog like I want to. I wish I could have real conversations with the friends I have made and I wouldn't leave in the middle. I would stay and make a second pot of tea and keep on talking. We might even need a second plate of cookies.
True...and on the second round of cookies, I would gently ask, "Did you mean it when you said that you wanted someone to destroy your journals?"
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with one who keeps journals the old-fashioned way. If you tell the specifics of your experience (so I've been told), your journal will be one of interest. It's those that give only vague generalities that are worth very little.
Great, now I want a blueberry muffin, haha! Glad to read your "catch up"... you know, because I never hear from you. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love your catch-up too. However I totally understand when life gets in the way and you can't get to blogging. Sometimes I think we put so much importance on blogging we forget about real life. I'm taking Tuesdays off from now on. Hubby and I aren't even turning on the computer. Yesterday was the first one. I scheduled my post on Mon. and had a wonderful day yesterday quilting away, reading and enjoy life. Don't ever feel bad because you don't blog everyday. We love you no matter what you do in blogland. Hugs and love
ReplyDeleteI'm in on that 2nd pot of tea and cookies...
ReplyDeleteI miss you very much, and with my time have begun to journal a bit. If you can imagine that. :) I would love to scrap book, but some how am afraid of it. :)
As for your journals, I would burn them for you, no matter how long it took. I would not want my thought to go on forever, and will be blessed to send them to heaven in the smaoke they will carry on. :)
I don't even know if that made any sense....
I've only recently come back to frequent blogging myself, Kathy. I was surprised how much I missed it. But sometimes you just have to do what you have to do! I don't know why I don't journal, because I really want to...crazy, I know. I just never seem to do it. I'm sure your journals are filled with thought and creativity, my friend. Tie them up with a ribbon and place them in a trunk or on a book shelf...they will be treasured in the future - by others and by you! Take care, Kathy, and stop by when you find the time. I miss you!
ReplyDeletexoxo...Kathy
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI know, it seems that as time goes on, I visit less blogs, but that's okay. Everything goes in cycles, don't you think? I have been creating alot lately, and spending more time losing myself in my studio. It feels so good to be productive. I love gathering inspiration from all the blogs, but the time comes when you have to take that energy and create. Sounds like you are having fun creating.
Karen