
I have a confession. You won't be surprised. I miss my daughters. I haven't seen them since Christmas and I won't see them until the first weekend of March when they come home for their father's birthday. I am blessed to see them quite often during the year and we talk regularly. The journal cards are a lovely way to stay connected. Last Thursday, an installment came from my daughter Karen. She lives in Philadelphia and has made it very clear that she will not live in Vermont. I completely understand how she feels. She's young and there's lots of life to live "out there". So, when her card arrived, tears came. One side is a quote from a favorite movie. The other? A sketch of our house.
Yes, Dorothy--and Karen-- "out there" may have it's appeal but there's no place like home. I'll see you soon, dear daughter. Should the storms of life get to be too much (and I know how those flying monkeys can be a real challenge) you know the way back. I'll be here.
Right now my daughter lives 4 miles down the road from me. Next month she is moving to Denver!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter lives a mile away. I can't imagine her being in Philadelphia or Denver! What a sweet way of letting you know that she appreciates home. Ahh, yes, those danged monkeys can be a problem!
ReplyDeleteAwe you just brought a smile to my face. What a wonderful journal page. I love it. Hugs
ReplyDeleteOkay...you are making me cry now :\ Just really started missing Jenna this month. Last week on the same day unbeknown to the both of us my husband and I called her and said we missed her.
ReplyDeleteI know she needs to be spreading her wings. But seeing her get so comfortable with her new wing span is a little sad...but we must indeed let her take flight.
Kathy, you are one of the few women I know who GRIEVES over being apart from your children! I totally understand it because I'm exactly the same. Most of my friends were rubbing their hands together with glee when a new school year began, but me? I sat in the school parking lot and cried for my kids or paced the floors waiting until it was time to pick them up! You're a great mom, Kathy. It's so obvious that your girls adore you!
ReplyDeletexoxo...Kathy
i love that your daughter sent you that. she will always carry a piece of your home in her heart!
ReplyDelete