I went for my annual physical recently. FUN! My doctor said everything looked good but prescribed something I have difficulty taking. Earlier in the year, I promised myself I would walk every day. I have failed. Now I have no choice. I’m told 20 minutes. Every day. On the treadmill or a walk outside.
Tonight Karen and I went for a walk in the early evening. We have a blanket of fresh snow (don’t we all?!) and flakes continued to fall. Karen took this cool photo of her breath against the snowy, dark sky. I thought it was neat.
I’ve convinced myself I don’t have twenty minutes every day. I have a full time job. I have a house to take care of. I eat a (mostly) healthy diet. I would rather read, write, craft. In the spirit of a lesson recently learned in the Brave Girl’s Soul Restoration course, I took the walk anyway.
Hi Kathy, fellow Kathy learning to do the same. I have done pretty well, walking most days 2-3 miles. But it isn't a habit yet!!!! Hub's had open heart by-pass in October, so he HAS to do it, and this makes it easier to do together. Keep it going, it is the best for you. I never dreamed we would deal with heart issues at 50....eeekkkkk, but we did. And I don't want to be next!!!! lol Good luck.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, yes, I'm thinking that's what the doctor would prescribe for me as well and I'd have the same reluctance. Sometimes setting the timer for ten minutes helps...walk out for ten minutes and walk back. I can usually walk back in seven. :D Walking with a friend or with your beloved can ease things, too. Getting dropped off a mile or two from home can help, too, though I find that one frightening. All the best with it. It's not easy to walk in the winter with the cold, slippery paths, and narrow places. Keep letting us know how it's going.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to get started, however once it becomes a habit it's so much easier to do. Hope it continues for you. Hugs
ReplyDelete