“How often do we spend time and energy searching for, trying to find, or hoping to construct some image of PERFECT, some definition we have decided is the only way we can find contentment?
How many gifts and treasures are overlooked because we our attention is so fiercely focused on what is not available?
When I wake up each day, I do not set out to create an existence of “perfect”. I instead try to open myself up as much as possible to all the perfect moments that exist in an imperfect life.”
Ordinary Sparkling Moments
A very good word...
ReplyDeleteWonderful words. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHow true! I've been meaning to tell you how touched I was at the comment you left on my post about not winning the HGTV dreamhouse. It makes me all the sadder that I didn't get to come live close to such a sweet lady as you. I would love to come sit, knit and talk with you. Have a nice week! Twyla
ReplyDeleteHello sweet friend, Yes I did receive the WONDERFUL package you sent. I can't begin to tell you what perfect timing it arrived. I was a victim in a burglary last year. When I got home from the sentencing hearing it was waiting in my mailbox. I couldn't decide if I should do art with the beautiful supplies or read first. I took the rest of the day off and did both. My soul needed the rest. I didn't know what was waiting on the other side of that day but I was able to sit calmly with my thoughts for the rest of the afternoon. The next day we attended another planning meeting, at the meeting we were given the day when we would find out if the property our family buisness sits on will be condemned for eminent domain, less than 3 weeks from now. We thought we had at least another year. I have been frozen in fear but the book you sent 1000 gifts ahhh what perfect timing. I had already announced the contest on my blog last month so I am going through with it, most of the people in my life do not know our buisness may be closing but yes I got your gift and thank you so very much.
ReplyDelete