Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Love

 

january 2011 005 - Copy

I took a class over the summer with Mary Ann Moss called “Full Tilt Boogie” (see my sidebar).  I absolutely fell in love with the book making process.  I talked about it back then.  Here’s my latest effort.  The green journal is for my friend Jane.

january 2011 008 - Copy

Jane teaches middle school and loves poetry.  And birds.  The book was fun to make.

january 2011 009 - Copy

Her birthday was in October.  I finally finished the journal this last week and gave it to her at our dinner date  Friday night.

january 2011 017

The black and red book didn’t take me as long to complete.  The cover is from an old Reader’s Digest condensed book.  I love the red and white marbling print.  I made the book for my sister-in-law.  She is a talented photographer.  I imagined she might enjoy the journal for mounting photos of her kids.  I gave her a white pen to write with on the black pages.

january 2011 016

Interspersed throughout is some really cute vintage inspired scrapbook paper.  I had a lot of fun making this journal and giving it to Erica ON her birthday!  She didn’t have to wait four months like Jane did!

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend, I love it. What an awesome job. Your friend is going to love it too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful books you've been making. I'm sure that all the recipients love them. Who wouldn't?! It looks as if you have enjoyed creating them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me!