Yesterday’s prompt was called “Perfect”. What is YOUR perfect Christmas? The prompt was meant to be positive but I found myself in tears instead. How could Christmas be perfect? Those days are gone. (One of the perfect days is captured in unflattering video. How excited the girls were to get a CD player and a Playmobile Castle!)
Since I’m a day behind in writing, I wrote in my journal this morning about my “new” perfect Christmas. I’m not going to share what it is here. What’s important to share is the still small voice that spoke to me in the quiet this morning. “He will keep you in perfect peace.”
The people who know me best know lately I’ve become a terrible worry wart. Specifically I have agonized over my younger daughter and her adventures away from home. I’ve been worried she won’t make it home for Christmas or worse, she will have to spend it alone. The dear Bible study friends I meet with on Monday nights remind me often HE is watching over my daughter and I need to trust him.
Ah. My perfect Christmas can be described in one word: PEACE. I do trust Him. The One I am waiting for. The One who has already come in the form of a little baby. The One who keeps a watchful eye on my children when I cannot. The One who will bring my daughters home and the One who will stay with them if they are alone without me.
“You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.”
Isaiah 26:3
I have plans for Christmas. I know Karen will find her way home (by the way, she’s safe and happy where she is) and our time together will be perfect, whenever it may be.
Parenting adult children...sigh, the challenges. That's why it is especially nice that you know the One Who provides that peace. It'll all work out and just as it should. There may be a twist and a turn, but you'll look back one day and it will have all worked out.
ReplyDeleteI must check out this "Journaling Christmas" if I could eke out a moment or two.
Kathy, I just want to say that you are not alone when you consider what a perfcet Christmas means, and in the process shed tears. I want to tell you that finding that peace is going to be process, but I am glad that you are on the journey.
ReplyDeleteCup of tea over the phone? If you care to chat...
I'm glad you are journaling and glad that you are keeping in the Word to hear God's still small voice. It is not easy being a parent, but He does give us peace in the process. Hugs and blessings, Heidi
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy,
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you, worrying about my own grown kids. It never really stops. Wait until you have grandchildren - then you worry about them too! Kathy, it is obvious in all you write, that you are a wonderful mother. I feel certain your daughters will ALWAYS come home! I DO understand what you've been going through. Both of my children are living on their own and it's not always easy. I MISS them desperately sometimes and long for the days they were home and under my protection. It's just the way women think when they really love and enjoy mothering and raising a family. If it helps, I can tell you it does get easier!
Kathy, stop by my Sunday post - I left something for you to pick up!
Happy Sunday,
Kathy
What a beautiful post Kathy. I know just how you feel. I recently took a class in altering books, next to me was this wonderful woman who also blogged. Turned out that we have visited each other's blogs before. We immediately felt a kinship. At similar chapters in our lives, I thought well we are altering more than paper here, we are in the process of altering our purpose and our story. Aren't we blessed to have the word of God in our lives? I am so grateful and so hopeful that He has a new adventure on the horizon...He is ever faithful.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Karen
P.S. I just visited your Etsy shop and hearted your shop. Congratulations...the new adventure begins.